Our quickly growing demolition and excavating business is seeking a mechanic to join our team.
- Inspecting bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy construction equipment for proper performance, and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnosing faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems using hand and power tools
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Service attachments and working tools such as blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to run heavy equipment
- Knowledge of Production Procedures.
- Ability to Read Manuals.
- Analytical Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Physical Stamina and Strength.