Asbestos Abatement Worker
Schouten Environmental Inc - London, Watford, Sarnia
Why should you join our team?
- Schouten Environmental Inc. is an industry leader in Selective Demolition, Environmental (Asbestos, Mould, Lead, PCB) throughout all industry sectors. Main areas of coverage include Waterloo Region, Hamilton, London, Sarnia, Lampton County – South western Ontario
- We provide industry specific training and give team members the opportunity to become experts in their field.
- Our Employees are provided with tools to gain extensive knowledge and hands on training allowing them the opportunity to advance.
- We provide additional compensation benefits when conducting hazardous material removals
Abatement Worker Job Duties:
- Install and erect containment systems using power tools for various removals
- Demolish, remove and dispose of a variety of building products that may be contaminated with mould or asbestos. General demolition work will be required on various projects
- Clean Company equipment and clean up customer work site.
- Remove & Package hazardous materials containing asbestos and mould
- Comply with prescribed safety procedures and federal laws regulating removal (O.Reg 278/05) and waste disposal methods
- Follow safe work practices and report safety issues, Work with a respectful manner always
- Some shift work and after hour work required on a “as needed basis” with notification
- Working at heights and confine spaces maybe required
- Some traveling is required for projects within Ontario.
Employee Compensation and Benefits:
- Paid training
- HazMat Pay on top of Salary when required
- Paid overtime may be required
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Hourly pay based on experience and certifications (Ranges $18 - $24/HR)
- Paid Travel and Mileage when requested
- Company Wide Retirement Savings Plan offered after Probation periods
Qualification and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class driver’s license – Required
- Transportation to and from site, or ability to meet for Pick up
- Asbestos Worker 253W – Highly Preferred
- Lead Awareness
- Mould Awareness
- 2-3 years of relevant Construction experience
- Basic computer skills required; proficiency with Microsoft, Mobile Apps
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
We thank everyone for their interest in the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted._